The following are some best practices
- Ensure home alarms are serviced, in working order, and armed whenever you leave the house. Consider either motion or glass sensors for large windows or sliding glass doors.
- Adequate lighting, including the perimeter of the home. Lighting is a strong deterrent. Exterior lighting on motion sensors could save some money but it is important to check them regularly to make sure they are working.
- Consider Ring camera system or other similar system that can monitor the front door to your home.
- Ensure you have emergency contacts and other contact information updated with the Community Association. Access Control can update this for you.
- Be vigilant reporting suspicious activity. If you see or hear anything suspicious, call Access Control immediately and a patrol can be dispatched to the area. It’s important that this is done timely
- If you are leaving town, do not leave obvious evidence for passers by. Newspapers accumulated, mail accumulated in the mailbox, lights off for days at a time. Have a neighbor or trusted friend check on the home regularly.
Director of Security